Our commitment to learning and wellbeing incorporates an active and positive focus on our learning environment, curriculum and pedagogy, school policies and procedures as well as our partnerships.
Curriculum and Pedagogy
Stanthorpe State Primary School offers curriculum and pedagogy that enhances wellbeing, and equips students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and strategies to understand and manage themselves and their relationships. This is achieved by:
- Providing whole school curriculum programmes across all key learning areas. This includes a resilience skills programme embedded across HPE and SOSE.
- Ensuring strategies are in place to allow for differentiation in teaching and learning. These strategies form an important part of teachers' planning.
- Allowing students to have regular access to their progress data (via data profiles). This allows them to set personal goals and to reflect on social and emotional learning regularly.
- Provide aids to student time management skills. These aids may include homework plans, assessment planners, task sheets, etc.
- Providing a range of extracurricular activities for students. These activities may be combined with other schools in the Granite Belt Community of State Schools (GB CoSS) and include; camps, extended learning programmes, interschool sports, Multimedia Competition, Lecturette Competitions, Maths Challenge, Crisps Art Show, Active After School Activities etc.
- Providing a balanced range of professional development opportunities within the district, region and GB CoSS network.